05 August 2011

Wonderful Winnie the Pooh cake

After attending the 3D cake decorating workshop by chef BooBoo Maramba , I Was finally able to put  what I learned to use . BabyCakes had an order for a Winnie the Pooh 3D cake for a baptismal party . An actual Winnie the Pooh mold / pan was not availble so I used a Care Bear mold intstead . Here is what it looks like .

I used chocolate cake since it's more dense , no chiffon or sponge type cakes for this one . It doesn't look like Winnie yet but not to fret , it WILL look like Winnie after . I used buttercream icing and star tip #16 and #21 for piping the icing .

Ta Da ! Hello , Winnie !! For the blanket , I used rolled fondant and gumpaste for cute little Piglet .


Add caption
 Here is what the whole set up looked liked . 3D cake with cupcakes for giveaways . The Pooh friends cupcake toppers were made of Colorflow icing . Colorflow is actually a Wilton product that you add to your Royal icing for a glossy effect . You use it to make whatever design for your decors and let it dry for 3 days.
What do you think ?  Winnie and Piglet looks adorable right ?

No comments:

Post a Comment