05 August 2011

Joey's Birthday cake

 A few days ago , it was our dear friend Joey's birthday . His wife wanted to surprise him with a "gym " themed cake . For that personalized effect , I went to their home and did a bit of research . I snooped around his personal gym and asked his wife  which equipment he normally uses . I had to go back twice , each time making sure that I wouldn't get caught by him . It was very "cloak and dagger " like .

Making the fondant figure and gym equipments was  challenging but also very fun to do . The cake is actually chiffon with butter icing . Not only does it look good , it also tastes yummy . :) 

I made sure that I got most of the details of his gym correctly . The floor is actually the same color as the one in his gym and yes he has A LOT of dumbells .  All in all , everyone was happy with this cake . I was pleased with my work  and most importantly , the birthday celebrant was bowled over by it . Happy birthday Joey !

No comments:

Post a Comment