24 July 2011

My favorite Filipino breakfast



Beef tapa , skinless longganisa and fried egg . I wish I could eat this everyday!

Our favorite kakanin :  Bibingka , Puto , Suman and Sapin-sapin.
From Monday to Friday , I eat like a bird . However , I make sure I treat myself to a little bit of indulgence on weekends . My  2 days of indulgence usually starts with a hearty Filipino breakfast . My family loves homemade dried beef tapa ( I will show you how make it next time ) . I have to make a big batch every time, since my husband alone can finish one whole serving. Our weekend breakfast is never complete without fried egg , hot Tsokolate and our kakanin of choice . My Favorite is the suman while my son favors the sapin- sapin and my daughter loves bibingka . We usually have our breakfast outdoors when the weather is fine  . It is a time for us to enjoy each other's company without rushing  off to go to school or work . My daughter would be telling us endless stories and my son would be cracking jokes . The breeze is usually cool  and the sound of the birds chirping is music to my ears .This is a day I definitely look forward to every week .

No comments:

Post a Comment