24 July 2011

3D Cake Workshop

My pig , aint she cute?

My other creation , pink fairy .

The retro bug , made by my classmate.

I love this bee !

Perfect for a little girl !

My classmates and I with Chef Boo and our creations .
Last week  , I attended a 3D cake decorating workshop by Chef Boo Boo Maramba . I have been waiting for a cake decorating workshop by Chef Boo for like 40 years  (joke ) ! The last class that I took with her was the Wilton cake decorating courses 3 years ago . So , when she informed me that she was having a workshop , I didn't even think about it , I signed on right away . The fact that it was going to be on 3D cakes was a bonus ! I was excited to be in a class by the " Yoda " of cake decorating here in Davao City . I knew that she is a very generous teacher and I value the knowledge and techniques  that she has acquired in her 25 years as a cake decorator . Just as I predicted , she shared with us tips on decorating as well as valuable insights on running the business . She told us that in every cake that we do , we should always aim for perfection  . I  keep this in mind every time I decorate a cake . I always try to put myself in the shoes of the customer and ask myself ," If I am the customer would I be happy with what I just made ? " .Since I'm a tough customer myself , the answer on more that one occassion has been "No ". Which prompted me to fix whatever it was that's bothering me until I'm satisfied . However , all the hard work is worth it when I see the smile on my customer's faces  . I especially enjoy the children's reactions and I take it as a huge complement when they voice out their approval .  Here are photo's of my 3D cakes as well as   my classmates .

No comments:

Post a Comment