22 July 2011

Meet Agatha Raisin

I love books . Any genre as long as it's well written and has a good plot . I usually read before I sleep since it's the only " me " time that I have . The day's work is done , the kids are in bed , peace and quiet at last ! My current bedtime reading is an Agatha Raisin detective novel by M.C Beaton . If you like the novels of Agatha Christie then you'll love the Agatha Raisin series as well . The story is set in the fictional village of Carsely in the Cotswolds . The heroine , Miss Raisin solves a murder case in every book while trying to win the heart of her bachelor neighbor . Miss Raisin is an endearing middle aged character who is equipped with a sharp tongue . Her neighbors has gotten used to her abrasive nature and a few have guessed that beneath the tough exterior is a kind and lonely soul. I usually get caught up in the twists and turns as the tale unfolds .I find that it gives my brain a workout trying to figure out "whodunit" . I just finished the 5th book , as there are 21 books in the series , I still have a long way to go ! Murderous Marriage done ....The Terrible Tourist next ! Happy reading everyone !

No comments:

Post a Comment