21 July 2011

Gaga over Kimmi dolls



My daughter has been fascinated with Kimmi dolls lately . She is at  the age where she has outgrown Barbie ( finally ! ) and is searching for a replacement . She knows that Moxey girls , Bratz and the like are not acceptable in our house so she has been in search for a suitable replacement for quite sometime. Good thing she was introduced to Kimmidolls by her cousins ! According to the Kimmidolls web site , these  are contemporary versions of the traditional Japanese Kokeshi  dolls . Each doll represents life values such as frienship , honesty , loyalty , respect ,etc. True , they don't come with pretty accessories but my daughter doesn't seem to mind . She even sleeps with a different one every night ! Besides , who would bother to look for accessories when these dolls are exquisite just as they are !  As a mom , I couldn't be happier with this new development . Everytime she gets a new doll , I eagerly read the booklet which explains  the "true life values " that the doll embodies . I am keeping my fingers crossed that the "fascination " would continue and  that these dolls would  have a  positive influence on  my daughter as she grows into a young lady . Good Bye Barbie .... Hello Kimmi !

No comments:

Post a Comment